Summer is just around the corner, and it's time to start thinking about how you'll spend those warm, sunny days. Whether you're a music lover, an outdoorsman, or just looking to stay cool, the City of Cody Parks and Recreation Department has you covered with a wide range of summer programs and activities for all ages and interests.
Registration is now open for numerous youth and adult programs to get you and your kids outside and moving! Check out the following programs for fun ways to stay active all summer long:
- Youth learn-to-swim lessons: Summer swim lessons provide a fun way for kids to learn important water safety skills when they are likely to spend the most time around pools, lakes, and beaches.
- Youth sports programs: Help foster an early love for teamwork by signing your kids up for one of the City's many sports programs, including basketball (3 years through 6th grade), volleyball (4th – 6th grades), pickleball (ages 8 – 12), and life sports (6th – 8th grades).
- Kidz on the Move summer day camp: Open to children who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade, this program is perfect for parents looking for a fun, engaging way for their kids to spend their summer break.
- Adult coed softball: Round up your coworkers, friends, family, or a mix of all three for some friendly competition.
- Adult fitness classes: Looking for a fun way to get in shape? Check out the list of available fitness classes at the Paul Stock Aquatic and Recreation Center to try your hand at something new.
- 41st Annual Runner's Stampede: Sign up to participate in this long-running 4th of July tradition! With the option to choose between a 5k run, a 10k run, or a 5k walk, this event is great for participants of all levels.
The Parks and Recreation Department also offers an exciting lineup of ongoing activities for everyone throughout the summer. For those looking to beat the heat, the Mentock Park Splash Pad opens daily beginning May 26 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The Donny Anderson Mini Golf Course also opens for the season on May 26 from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM. If music is your thing, take advantage of the free Concerts in the Park series, which runs from July 6 to August 24 at City Park from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. With a variety of musical genres, there's entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
These programs and activities are only possible with the dedication of the Parks, Recreation, and Public Facilities Department team members. With close to 30 park areas, 8 miles of trails, and 400 acres of green space, the Parks and Rec team is working tirelessly to hire and train summer staff, plant flower beds, spruce up green spaces, and open park restrooms in preparation for summer use.
Don’t miss out on all the exciting summer programs and activities that the City of Cody has to offer. Register for your favorite programs today by visiting the Programs and Activities page—and get ready to make some unforgettable memories!